Check out my latest American Canyon listing. It’s open on Sunday from 12 – 2pm.
Hey, I will be holding open 93 Crawford Way in American Canyon today (Sunday August 26, 2018) from 1 – 4pm. I had the opportunity to preview it on Brokers Tour earlier this week and it is stunning. I’m particularly enamored with the back yard – it has it’s own greenhouse and is large enough for entertaining.
Gorgeous engineered wood floors, newer carpet and tile. It’s got this fantastic front yard garden – You can be sure that I will be taking pictures of that this afternoon. Listed at $545,000 by Kasama Lee from our office. I hope to see you there!
Other homes open this Sunday:
102 Summerwood Dr – Listed by Dotty Hopkins with Keller Williams and offered at $659,000. This 4 bath, 4 bed home shows beautifully. It has an open floor plan and has a junior master suite down stairs. I highly encourage you to take a look.
25 Larkspur – Listed by Travis Behn with Eagle Vines and offered at $549,000. This really is a pretty neat home. It does need new carpet and new paint but it does have a new roof put on so there’s that. The home is a little bit dated but for the most part it really is move-in ready. I am a fan of yards and this one is large with plenty of room to make it your own. Open 1-4pm today.
2108 Elliott Drive – Listed by Joe Brasil with Coldwell Banker and offered at $539,000. This one is a flip but the seller did a really nice job. The home is turnkey. It backs up to Kimberly Park and is just blocks from the multi-use center. Open from 1-4pm today.
323 Los Altos – Listed by David Barker with Better Homes and Gardens and offered at $459,000. It’s a cute house that has been upgraded. A 1954 bungalow in the heart of Rancho del Mar. Open today from 1-3pm.
210 Carolyn Dr – Listed by Octavillo Maravilla with 3 Tree Realty and offered at $449,990. Major upgrades to the home including new roof and gutters, new electrical…these are some big-ticket items and this group does a really good job. Open today from 12 – 3pm.
702 Deerfield Dr – Listed by Deepal Karunaratne with Redfin and offered at $445,000. This is one of the lower prices for a single family detached home in the Canyon Creek subdivision and it’s probably a bit of a steal. This was on the market this past winter. It’s open today from 1-4pm.
15 Lena Drive – Listed by Carlos Cruz with Intero Real Estate and offered at $419,000. Home has potential but there is also a bit of differed maintenance. At this price, however, that shouldn’t scare you off. Fantastic setting with a large back yard. Open today from 12 – 3pm.
Hey there folks, we only have a few open houses around town this weekend although we have quite a few new homes on the market. I’ve been talking to a few agents around town and they’re getting fewer – and lower – offers than they have been in the past. I will talk about that Monday morning in my new, weekly recap of the American Canyon housing market. For now, here’s what’s going on around town this weekend:
Saturday Open Houses
- 25 Larkspur St (11am – 2pm) I really like this home. It has one bedroom downstairs and a huge back yard. It’s pretty much close to everything – just a couple of blocks to the community pool, the middle school and Donaldson Way Elementary. It was in contract earlier this spring but the buyer bailed. Since then, a new roof has been put on the property. I’ve spoken to the listing agent and the seller is motivated, even willing to consider unconventional offers.
Sunday Open Houses
- 25 Larkspur will be open again from 11am – 2pm.
- 2108 Elliott Drive (1 – 3pm) – This home looks stunning. I’ve known the listing agent on this one for a couple of years and he always has beautiful homes. It’s on the market at $539,000.
102 Summerwood Dr (1 – 3pm) – Last up for open houses this week. This home shows beautifully. It was on brokers tour yesterday and it was impressive. It’s listed at $659,000.
It’s really that simple. The more that you tell me what you want the better I can do to help you find the home that you’re looking for…unless it’s new construction in American Canyon. Then you have to wait a couple of years…maybe…if you’re lucky. That’s kind of a bummer for the 60% of of respondents to a CAR survey that said they wanted new construction.
The Inventory in American Canyon is exploding, reaching heights that we haven’t seen in nearly five years. Here’s a recap of open houses in the City this weekend.
- 35 Pienza Dr from 12-4pm: 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2126± sf @ $590,000 (hosted by me!)
- 114 Ford Dr from 1 – 4pm: 5 bed, 3 bath, 3368± sf @ $699,000 (ornate Italian furniture comes with the house!)
- 11 Montevino Dr from 1 – 4pm: 4 bed, 2 bath, 2156± sf @ $575,000 (quirky layout but a fantastic backyard. Perfect for a person who works from home).
- 128 Kimberly Dr from 1 – 3pm: 3 bed, 2 bath, 1024± sf @ $425,000 (again, quirky layout on a bit of a busy street but this a perfect home if you’re just trying to get your foot in the door).
- 2525 Flosden Rd, Spc 127 from 1 – 4:30pm: 3 bed, 2 bath @ $180,000 (This is a mobile home).
- 704 Westpark from 1 – 3pm: 4 bed, 2 bath, 1989± sf @ $559,000 (I’ve held this open and love the layout; this is one of the best homes in the Canyon Creek subdivision).
- 25 Larkspur from 11am – 2pm: 4 bed, 3 bath, 1941± sf @ $549,000 (I’ll be honest, I don’t know why this one is still on the market. New roof – May, 2018 – and a YUGE backyard sits on a corner lot. It’s a little dated but I think that you can do wonders with this home. Check it out and tell Travis that Rich sent you!).
- 323 Los Altos from 1 – 4pm: 3 bed, 1 bath, 1072± sf @ $459,000 (Typical Rancho del Mar bungalo. It’s been decently upgraded and the backyard has a lot of potential).
- 128 Kimberly Dr from 1 -4pm
- 35 Pienza Dr from 1 – 4pm (not hosted by me on Sunday…)
- 228 Pinecreek Ln from 2 – 4pm (haven’t seen. Just came on this morning).
I will be holding open 35 Pienza in American Canyon on Saturay from 12 – 4pm.
This home does need a little bit of TLC (new carpets and paint) but it has a fantastic layout. This 4 bed, 2.5 bath has an open concept living area that is just perfect for entertaining. There is ample space in the backyard to create your oasis away from the craziness of life. Blocks to award winning American Canyon High School and easy freeway access, this home has just what you need to get started in the Gateway to the Napa Valley.
99 Norwick Ct – Just Sold
3 bed, 2.5 bath home in the heart of Victoria Faire. Pride of ownership abounds – remodeled kitchen, newer roof and a gorgeous redwood deck off the back. 99 Norwick is just a few blocks from the new Boys & Girls Club, Community Park II, Donaldson Way and ACMS. Listed at $549,900. Represented buyer.
I will be holding my good friend Eva Garcia’s listing open this coming Sunday, July 22 from 1-4pm.
This home is a little bit like the Tardis…it’s bigger on the inside. Extensively remodeled, 808 Danrose offers luxurious cooking and family space. There’s plenty of room for entertaining both inside and out. It has a spacious backyard and is ready for your finishing touches. It’s a don’t miss kind of home. Light refreshments will be served. I look forward to seeing you there.
The American Canyon real estate market is fast and you better not wait too long or you’ll miss out completely.
My listing at Rio del Mar sold at $415,000 which was $45,000 above asking. There were 4 total offers. It’s at the entrance of the Rancho del Mar subdivision and boasted a huge back yard and an additional 500±sf of living space. It has some foundational and drainage issues which dragged the original list price down but which made the offers all that much more remarkable. Last fall a home on the other side of the creek in the 100 block of Los Altos struggled to sell at full price (~$400,000) even though it was turnkey. What a difference 6 months make.
Higher end homes are not selling quite as fast but there is definitely still a market for them. This is good news as the original investor in Canyon Estates continues to look for someone to develop them. I still think that a $1M home in the AC will be difficult without something happening with Broadway and/or Watson Ranch.
Even though there were double the amount of homes on the market year-over-year for March, the inventory still fills tighter than it has been for a while. Homes priced in a traditional first time home buyer price range are still going fast. Overall, there is only a little over a month’s worth of inventory (the amount of time it would take to sell all active homes). This data backs up the “feeling” that we are in a fast market right now.
What this chart doesn’t show is that of the 19 homes on the market, at least 7 are either businesses or should be looked at as commercial potential – especially those along Broadway/Hwy 29. If you’re interested in one of the many properties for sale along Broadway, make sure that you talk to Brent Cooper over at the City before you start trying to put up a development that the property isn’t suited for…those non-conforming homes are a big issue.
The good news for buyers is that the median selling price for a home in American Canyon has stayed relatively stagnant over the first quarter. I am continuing to see Rancho del Mar homes drag down the home prices in McKight Acres, Napa Square, Napa Meadows, etc. The Rancho homes that are selling for a premium (mid-to-high $400,000’s) are turnkey and recently remodeled. Sellers in the mid-market that aren’t willing to do the same are taking a hit on it and the homes are lagging…there’s a lesson here if sellers and listing agents are willing to listen.
Welcome to 114 Rio del Mar!
Offered at $370,000 and exclusively listed by Richard Peterson with BHHS Drysdale Properties.
Large 3 bed, 2 bath, 1537±sf bungalow in Ranch del Mar. Wide open kitchen and large family room with exposed beams. This house is great for entertaining. Home situated on 0.18 acres and has a huge backyard with a built-in brick BBQ. Newer roof and sewer lateral. Home has a water filtration system. Close to Hwy 29 and shopping.