Check out my latest American Canyon listing. It’s open on Sunday from 12 – 2pm.
I will be holding open 712 Daniels Ave in Vallejo today from 1-3pm
Exclusively listed by Richard Peterson and offered at $350,000
Awesome opportunity for an investor or first time home buyer! Two blocks from the water, parks and schools. Near the ferry, Mare Island, 37 & I-80. Spacious kitchen and family room with a formal dining/living room combo.
Quaint, 4 bed & 2 bath town home close to Mare Island and the Ferry Building. Boasting over 1500±sf, this 2 story condo has it all. Spacious kitchen opening up into one of two living areas. There is a large, combined formal living and dining room off to the left as you walk through the door. Creep up the stairs to 4, ample-size rooms with a master suite off to your right. This home is perfect for the first time home buyer.
There will be an open house on Sunday from 1 – 3pm.
Hey, I will be holding open 93 Crawford Way in American Canyon today (Sunday August 26, 2018) from 1 – 4pm. I had the opportunity to preview it on Brokers Tour earlier this week and it is stunning. I’m particularly enamored with the back yard – it has it’s own greenhouse and is large enough for entertaining.
Gorgeous engineered wood floors, newer carpet and tile. It’s got this fantastic front yard garden – You can be sure that I will be taking pictures of that this afternoon. Listed at $545,000 by Kasama Lee from our office. I hope to see you there!
Other homes open this Sunday:
102 Summerwood Dr – Listed by Dotty Hopkins with Keller Williams and offered at $659,000. This 4 bath, 4 bed home shows beautifully. It has an open floor plan and has a junior master suite down stairs. I highly encourage you to take a look.
25 Larkspur – Listed by Travis Behn with Eagle Vines and offered at $549,000. This really is a pretty neat home. It does need new carpet and new paint but it does have a new roof put on so there’s that. The home is a little bit dated but for the most part it really is move-in ready. I am a fan of yards and this one is large with plenty of room to make it your own. Open 1-4pm today.
2108 Elliott Drive – Listed by Joe Brasil with Coldwell Banker and offered at $539,000. This one is a flip but the seller did a really nice job. The home is turnkey. It backs up to Kimberly Park and is just blocks from the multi-use center. Open from 1-4pm today.
323 Los Altos – Listed by David Barker with Better Homes and Gardens and offered at $459,000. It’s a cute house that has been upgraded. A 1954 bungalow in the heart of Rancho del Mar. Open today from 1-3pm.
210 Carolyn Dr – Listed by Octavillo Maravilla with 3 Tree Realty and offered at $449,990. Major upgrades to the home including new roof and gutters, new electrical…these are some big-ticket items and this group does a really good job. Open today from 12 – 3pm.
702 Deerfield Dr – Listed by Deepal Karunaratne with Redfin and offered at $445,000. This is one of the lower prices for a single family detached home in the Canyon Creek subdivision and it’s probably a bit of a steal. This was on the market this past winter. It’s open today from 1-4pm.
15 Lena Drive – Listed by Carlos Cruz with Intero Real Estate and offered at $419,000. Home has potential but there is also a bit of differed maintenance. At this price, however, that shouldn’t scare you off. Fantastic setting with a large back yard. Open today from 12 – 3pm.
Hey there folks, we only have a few open houses around town this weekend although we have quite a few new homes on the market. I’ve been talking to a few agents around town and they’re getting fewer – and lower – offers than they have been in the past. I will talk about that Monday morning in my new, weekly recap of the American Canyon housing market. For now, here’s what’s going on around town this weekend:
Saturday Open Houses
- 25 Larkspur St (11am – 2pm) I really like this home. It has one bedroom downstairs and a huge back yard. It’s pretty much close to everything – just a couple of blocks to the community pool, the middle school and Donaldson Way Elementary. It was in contract earlier this spring but the buyer bailed. Since then, a new roof has been put on the property. I’ve spoken to the listing agent and the seller is motivated, even willing to consider unconventional offers.
Sunday Open Houses
- 25 Larkspur will be open again from 11am – 2pm.
- 2108 Elliott Drive (1 – 3pm) – This home looks stunning. I’ve known the listing agent on this one for a couple of years and he always has beautiful homes. It’s on the market at $539,000.
102 Summerwood Dr (1 – 3pm) – Last up for open houses this week. This home shows beautifully. It was on brokers tour yesterday and it was impressive. It’s listed at $659,000.
It’s really that simple. The more that you tell me what you want the better I can do to help you find the home that you’re looking for…unless it’s new construction in American Canyon. Then you have to wait a couple of years…maybe…if you’re lucky. That’s kind of a bummer for the 60% of of respondents to a CAR survey that said they wanted new construction.
The Inventory in American Canyon is exploding, reaching heights that we haven’t seen in nearly five years. Here’s a recap of open houses in the City this weekend.
- 35 Pienza Dr from 12-4pm: 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2126± sf @ $590,000 (hosted by me!)
- 114 Ford Dr from 1 – 4pm: 5 bed, 3 bath, 3368± sf @ $699,000 (ornate Italian furniture comes with the house!)
- 11 Montevino Dr from 1 – 4pm: 4 bed, 2 bath, 2156± sf @ $575,000 (quirky layout but a fantastic backyard. Perfect for a person who works from home).
- 128 Kimberly Dr from 1 – 3pm: 3 bed, 2 bath, 1024± sf @ $425,000 (again, quirky layout on a bit of a busy street but this a perfect home if you’re just trying to get your foot in the door).
- 2525 Flosden Rd, Spc 127 from 1 – 4:30pm: 3 bed, 2 bath @ $180,000 (This is a mobile home).
- 704 Westpark from 1 – 3pm: 4 bed, 2 bath, 1989± sf @ $559,000 (I’ve held this open and love the layout; this is one of the best homes in the Canyon Creek subdivision).
- 25 Larkspur from 11am – 2pm: 4 bed, 3 bath, 1941± sf @ $549,000 (I’ll be honest, I don’t know why this one is still on the market. New roof – May, 2018 – and a YUGE backyard sits on a corner lot. It’s a little dated but I think that you can do wonders with this home. Check it out and tell Travis that Rich sent you!).
- 323 Los Altos from 1 – 4pm: 3 bed, 1 bath, 1072± sf @ $459,000 (Typical Rancho del Mar bungalo. It’s been decently upgraded and the backyard has a lot of potential).
- 128 Kimberly Dr from 1 -4pm
- 35 Pienza Dr from 1 – 4pm (not hosted by me on Sunday…)
- 228 Pinecreek Ln from 2 – 4pm (haven’t seen. Just came on this morning).
I will be holding open 35 Pienza in American Canyon on Saturay from 12 – 4pm.
This home does need a little bit of TLC (new carpets and paint) but it has a fantastic layout. This 4 bed, 2.5 bath has an open concept living area that is just perfect for entertaining. There is ample space in the backyard to create your oasis away from the craziness of life. Blocks to award winning American Canyon High School and easy freeway access, this home has just what you need to get started in the Gateway to the Napa Valley.
I will be holding my good friend Eva Garcia’s listing open this coming Sunday, July 22 from 1-4pm.
This home is a little bit like the Tardis…it’s bigger on the inside. Extensively remodeled, 808 Danrose offers luxurious cooking and family space. There’s plenty of room for entertaining both inside and out. It has a spacious backyard and is ready for your finishing touches. It’s a don’t miss kind of home. Light refreshments will be served. I look forward to seeing you there.
Today’s blog is short but sweet. But since I get asked this question a lot, I thought that I’d address it.
Perhaps it is best to first answer the question, what is earnest money (EMD for short)? Earnest money deposit comes up in Paragraph 3A in the offer. It’s the first item in financing the property, right after purchase price. EMD can be anywhere from 1 – 3% of the purchase price.
The standard in most areas is 3%. Why?
Take a look at Paragraph 21B. REMEDIES FOR BUYER’S BREACH OF CONTRACT: LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. Liquidated damages for breach of contract are set at 3%. By voluntarily putting 3% up for the earnest money deposit, the buyer is showing that they are serious about following through with the contract and will not back out at the least minute.
If you are a buyer, one thing to keep in mind is that the sellers are very often as nervous as you are. They want to sell their home and – presumably – if you’re in contract they want to sell their home to home. However, sellers are as concerned about you backing out as you are about finding something wrong with the property.
That’s why it’s really important to start planning. While there is some creative financing, in a competitive market like the one we are in now, seller’s are wary of buyers coming in with 0$ down and asking for a credit for closing costs. It does happen and offers like this can be successful; however, why not put yourself in the best possible position to have your offer accepted in this real estate game?